Just today, our friends at Hawks Motorsports shot us an email telling us all about the Trackspec hood vents available for all generations of Camaro, as well as other models. Designed to not only add some aggressive styling to your late-model GM ride, but they also provide additional heat extracting properties to help with engine bay cooling.
These partially pieces will bolt into your ’85-92 Camaro with an IROC-Z hood, or will mount into your Base/RS hood with some obvious modifications. However, they will NOT work for your ’82-84 Z28 hood, so please keep that in mid before ordering. Below, see the full list of available late GM models that they’re available for, as well as the specs for the ’85-92 Camaro Louver Vents at the bottom of the page.
Maximize Extraction Air Flow with Trackspec Louver Vents
Designed by engineers and racers these Trackspec hood louvers/vents optimize louver design to maximize extraction flow velocities within a vehicle in motion.
- This kit includes 2 heat extractors designed to replace the factory plastic units.
- Designed specifically for 85-90 IROC recessed hood vent area and low pressure zones.
- Does not fit 82-84 Z28 Hoods. If interested in those years, please contact us.
- The louvers can be installed on any flat camaro hood, including the flat RS hoods to give your Camaro the IROC look with added heat extraction vents.
- These are functional hood vents which require holes to be cut into your existing hood panel.
- Included in kit: Templates for cutting, rivets, washers, installation instructions, and any necessary spacers for a factory style installation.
- Optimized louver design to maximize extraction flow velocities within a vehicle in motion
- Reduces under hood pressure delta to reduce front end lift and increase net vehicle downforce.
- Significantly reduces under hood temperatures by extracting heat and allowing fresh cold air to enter the engine bay.
- Maximize life of engine accessories by reducing overall operating temperature.
- Increases dense, cold air flow through radiator to promote lower coolant temperatures.
- Louver backbone design maintains hood structural rigidity.
- Contoured to fit your specific hood curve.
- Installs easily with supplied templates.
- Included in kit: Templates for cutting, rivets, washers, installation instructions, and necessary spacers for a factory quality installation.
- 28″ Height
- 6″ Front Width
- 10.5″ Rear Width
Rick Seitz is the owner and founder of GMEFI Magazine, and has a true love and passion for all vehicles. When he isn’t tuning, testing, or competing with the brand’s current crop of project vehicles, he’s busy tinkering and planning the next modifications for his own cars.