*Photography by: Vengeance Racing
What do you do if you have the wherewithal and the desire to create the most powerful 6MT CTS-V in the world? Apparently you call Vengeance Racing (VR) and turn them loose on your 2009 CTS-V with one stipulation; that the baby seat in the back has to stay–hey, fathers are still gearheads too!
What started out as some lofty goals ultimately transitioned into a VR Stage V package with a custom grind cam that, as the owner requested, “made the ground shake.” And so the following mods landed on the CTS-V for Round 1:
- ECS Heat Exchanger
- KPE Intake
- ZL1 Lid with AN fittings and nitrous bars installed by Nitrous Outlet
- Alky Control Single Nossil Mth Kit
- FIC 850cc Bosch injectors
- WCCH CNC Stage 2 Heads
- American Racing 2″ Longtubes with Catless X-Pipe
- VR Plug Wire Insulators
- NGK TR6 Plugs
- Metco 10 Bolt SC Hub
- Metco 2.55″ Upper Pulley
- Meziere HX Pump
- Vengeance Racing Custom Camshaft
- VR Hardened Pushrods
- VR Dual Spring Kit with Ti Retainers
- Comp Trunnion Kit
- Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump
- C5R Timing Chain
- LS7 Timing Gear
- Ls2 Dogbone Timing Damper
- ARP Cam Bolts
- LPE 18% Overdrive Pulley
- ATI Damper
- 102mm Nick Williams TB
- Vengeance Racing Ported Snout
- Vengeance Racing Ported Blower
- DMH Electronic Cutouts
- Misc Supporting Parts
- ECU Tuning by Vengeance Racing
750hp and 715wtq at the wheels!
But even 750whp is never enough, so the owner came back for more. This time Round 2 brought with it:
- Nitrous Outlet ZL1 Lid with 200 shot jets, single stage.
- Standalone Fuel System
- Lingenfelter RPM Limiter Timing Retard Launch Controller LSA & LS9 Engines
- NOS Progressive Controller
- Nitrous Outlet CTS-V Switch Panel
- RPS Triple Carbon Street Slayer Clutch
- Mickey Thomson 305 ET Streets on the stock polished 19″ wheels
- Added jets used for 200 shot (57/28) as well as NGK 8 Non projected spark plugs
After some N20 those figures jumped to an astounding…wait for it…1216 hp and 1078 lb-ft at the tires, which according to VR, is a new stock shortblock record!
Turn up the volume and enjoy the video!
Raised in a house of hotrods, classics and motorcycles, it only made sense that he would blend his love for writing and photography with his love for all things automotive. Armed with a degree in journalism and graphic design, he embarked on a journey into motorsports journalism and has worked for many magazines and Websites chronicling his love for the industry.