Recently, Scottie-D TV had the opportunity to take a tour of the Lingenfelter Performance Engineering (LPE) shop to get a closer look at the 427 engine package they offer for the 2014-2015 Chevy SS sport sedan.
With a 415 hp/415 lb-ft. version of the C6 Corvette LS3 under the hood, the sky is the limit in terms of what you can do for your SS from LPE. Having getting this customer car in not too long ago, LPE performed a baseline test in its bone-stock format, just to see where the car was at before any mods were performed.
With several performance packages available from LPE, including two that bring a Magnuson supercharger along with them, there are plenty of avenues Chevy SS owners can take with their cars.
Here’s the complete 427 cid. recipe from LPE:
Chevrolet SS 427 CID LS3 570 HP Engine Package
*570 HP / 575 ft lbs of torque*
- Engine removal, inspection and disassembly
- GM LS7 aluminum block
- JE forged aluminum pistons 2618 alloy
- Callies 4.000″ stroke forged steel crankshaft
- Oliver 6.125″ 4340 billet forged steel I-Beam connecting rods
- Computer-balanced rotating assembly
- Lingenfelter CNC porting and polishing of LS3 cylinder heads
- 2.165″ hollow stem intake / 1.59″ solid stem exhaust valves
- Lingenfelter double valvesprings, titanium retainers, 10 degree locks & valve stem seals
- Three-angle valve job, checking of spring tensions and heights
- Lingenfelter GT11 hydraulic roller camshaft
- High-volume oil pump assembly
- Port-matched LS3 composite intake manifold & polished throttle body
- Properly sized fuel injectors
- High-flow air intake
- Reassembly and blueprinting of the engine
- Professional installation, testing and tuning
- Corsa stainless steel exhaust with polished LPE logo tips
- ATI Underdrive Pulley
- Chassis dyno report
- Excellent drivability, highway mileage not adversely affected
- Lingenfelter 3 year/ 36,000 mile warranty
- Lingenfelter certificate of authenticity
Being infatuated with cars since he was a toddler, AutoCentric Media Founder and Editor, Rick Seitz, has a true love and passion for all vehicles. When he isn’t tuning, testing, or competing with the brand’s current crop of project vehicles, he’s busy tinkering and planning the next modifications for his own cars.