No matter how well-built your engine is, aggressive driving can actually murder your performance if you’re not taking certain modifications into consideration, as counterproductive as it may seem. One commonly overlooked example of this is what happens when excessive amounts of oil start to saturate the air circulating back into the air intake system. This performance suppression happens as a result of elevated levels of crankcase blow-by accumulation from, you guessed it, your aggressive driving habits. There’s a fix, and there’s a company who has perfected this fix and has many options to meet your needs.
The Racetronix catch can line is unlike anything else on the market. While, at its core, a catch can offers the protection from blow-by and excessive oil, and completely essential to performance, the Racetronix catch cans have integrated features and designs that pick up where other catch cans are lacking. One of the most notable features being the integrated oil separator that actually accelerates oil condensation. To add to the unique construction, the stainless steel filter media used in the construction is cleanable and reusable.
While these come in a variety of sizes with various inlet/outlet sizes, there are two main differences in the designs to choose from; Racetronix offers these as single, or dual catch can varieties. The dual system is essentially two catch cans mounted to a one-piece mounting bracket. This provides an increased capacity, without excessive bulk. The main focus for 2018 is their new tanks with glass level window with graduations so you can see the levels in the cans right away. This tempered glass window allows for easy viewing of the fluid level without the need for a dipstick or disassembly. The new models also come in blue, black, red, silver, violet, and gold to add some flare to your engine bay.
- Unique internal baffling is highly efficient at filtering out oil while maintaining excellent flow
- Bottom tank unscrews from top
- Drain plug on bottom of the can may be replaced with UDV -6 drain valve
- Breathers in -8, -10 and -12 sizes may be screwed onto the top of the can with our ORB adapters.
- All are made from T6 billet anodized aluminum
- Glass level window with graduations on new models
- Available in several colors
- Excessive oil collection can be an indicator of a damaged engine, catch can window will let you know about this right away
- Effectively raises the octane while increasing engine performance from the intake air
- Prevents oil buildup in components like the intake, intercooler, throttle body, and other related parts
- Lowers hydrocarbon emissions
Since 1999, Racetronix is a brand known for designing and making a large range of electronics, fuel systems, and small parts for high-performance vehicles. Their product quality is unmatched, which is a result of their dedication to meeting and exceeding the highest standards in engineering, the design process, and customer support to their thousands of customers around the world.
Racetronix catch cans are made in their high-tech facility, along with over 4,000 other products under the brand, to ensure top quality from the time the idea is conceptualized, to when it leaves the door. They distribute parts throughout the world, to hundreds of dealers, and thousands of happy customers. In addition to these state-of-the-art catch cans, check out their full online catalog here to find what you need for your next high-performance build.